Saturday, March 08, 2008

Ed Tep's Thai Barbecue Chicken

I love reading other people's blogs, and then trying out some of their recipes. Before I started blogging, my only sources of new recipes were either magazines or cookbooks - both of which I needed to spend money on. But blog-reading is free, and borrowing others' recipes is fun. I enjoy Ed's blog, Is it EDible? He cooked this chicken recipe back in September of 2006, and it took me almost a year and a half to finally cook it for myself. The main reason I was drawn to it was because of the picture. It just looked good. The ingredients are always in my pantry, so it's a good meal to fix on the spur of the moment - no special shopping trip. We really liked this - the taste is wonderful, and it's a super way to fix chicken thighs.

Thai Barbecue Chicken
from Ed of Is It Edible?

3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons sherry
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teapspoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
8 chicken thighs, skin-on
In a large ziploc bag, combine all the ingredients except the chicken thighs. Seal and shake until well mixed.
Add in the chicken thighs. Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well-coated. Allow chicken to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large foil-lined baking pan, place the chicken skin-side down in a single layer. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn chicken thighs over. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Flip chicken thighs over again so they are skin-side up. Broil the chicken (out 5 inches from the broiler) for 8-10 minutes or until done.

No comments: