Sunday, January 14, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Day 1 of "Carb Lite."

20 degrees, to be exact. This morning, when Don looked at the outside thermometer, it was 12. The morning before, 8. Now I know we live in the mountains, but this is southern California. It's not supposed to get this cold. At some point we're going to have to let the fire go out so we can clean out the fireplace. (Yes, we have central heat, and yes, we have electric heaters).

I have to report great success with the rest of my day after that wonderfully sinful breakfast. Lunch was a leftover frikadellen patty from last night, plus a little of last night's cole slaw. My mid-afternoon snack was a spoonful of chunky peanut butter, which I ate verrrrry slowly.

Dinner was Crispy Oven-Fried Fish, using some barracuda fillets Don caught out of Marina del Rey. I also had some of Kalyn’s sister's Broiled Zucchini Rounds with Cheese.

I'll come back later and let you know what I had for "dessert!"






No comments: