Friday, January 27, 2006

Sugar High (Low) Friday #15

Over at Becks and Posh, they're doing a twist on Sugar High Fridays, a SUGAR LOW FRIDAY. I’m going out of town today, so I won’t be able to cook for two nights, so I’ll put up the recipe I think is "a delicious, mouthwatering dessert whilst being a lot more frugal than usual with the fat and the sugar." In my opinion, that has got to be something chocolate. And when I want a chocolate dessert, it has to be ooey-gooey and warm and melting all over. So, I created this:

Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake

1 c all-purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1/8 t salt
1/2 c Splenda granular
2 T unsweetened cocoa
Vegetable cooking spray
1/2 c skim milk
3 T light margarine, melted
1 t vanillat
1/4 c Splenda granular
2 T packed Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 c warm water

Combine first 5 ingredients in a 9-inch square pan coated with cooking spray; stir in milk, margarine, and vanilla. Spread evenly in pan. Combine 1/4 c Splenda and next two ingredients; sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour warm water over top. Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes.

I don’t have a photograph, since I’m not making it tonight, but I guarantee you it will be wonderful! I’ll be in Los Angeles, sitting in meetings and eating off of a hotel-provided sandwich buffet line. Gourmet food, yes?

At least I get to go out Saturday night. I’ve checked around, and Kristy from Best of LA took the time to recommend a few restaurants. I’m considering James’ Beach, C & O Trattoria, both in Venice, and the Chart House in Marina del Rey. Now I’ve been to a Chart House before, and would really love to have their scallops again, but I also want to try something different. It’ll probably be James’ Beach, but I won’t do a final decision until tomorrow. I’ll be sure to report back!

Tagged with: +
, ,,
,

1 comment:

Michele said...

Mmmmm!!! Sounds so good :) BTW, I love the new look of your blog!