Sunday, January 22, 2006

Another Ruth Recipe for Dinner

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

Breakfast today utilized the leftover potatoes from last night’s dinner. I sautéed them in a little oil with more onion and bell pepper, then topped them with two fried eggs and some of my homemade salsa. I make this salsa often since it’s so easy and so tasty.

Cyndi’s Salsa

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

2 cloves garlic
1/2 t salt
1 small jalapeño, sliced (remove the veins and seeds if you want it milder)
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes (Contadina is best)
1 t Splenda granular
1 T dried cilantro
2 green onions, sliced (including green part)

Place all ingredients except green onions in blender and whirl until garlic and jalapeño are ground up and mixture is of even consistency. Pour into serving bowl and add green onions.

After working on the computer all day re-doing my template, I made another of Ruth’s recipes for dinner. Tonight’s choice was Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Her recipe was easy to follow, and DH’s comment was, “Boy, we’re eatin’ high-falootin’ stuff here!” He ate two servings.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

It’s very low in carbs, and tastes wonderful.



, ,,
,

5 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

Glad you liked the chicken. Thanks so much for being a recipe tester and that goes to DH too!!

I'm going to try the salsa next. Thanks for sharing.

BoLA said...

Ooo...your recipes look great! I wish I had more time to do more cooking/baking myself. Definitely need to do that more! Anyhow...places in Venice that aren't sushi or Chinese. Unfortunately, sushi is one of my absolute faves and there are a TON of GREAT sushi places out that way. But what else, what else over on that side o'town...in the Venice area, I absolutely LOVE C&O's (Italian) but haven't been back to write a review, the desserts at James Beach (California/American) across from the Canal Club are great, and Cafe Brasil has some good Brazilian food on Venice Blvd.

In MDR, I've been to the Chart House for steak and seafood which was pretty good. I also found this link off the MDR website:
http://www.visitthemarina.com/index.php/dining/fullservice.html

Hope that helps!

Sasha Lynn said...

This looks delicious! And although I didn't see this particular recipe on Ruth's site (I'm sure I didn't look hard enough) - is it possibly gluten-free?

ostwestwind said...

Hi Cyndi, yesterday I made a typical German dish: Pastinaken in Kapern-Senf-Sauce. That means parsnips with capers and mustard sauce:-)

Ruth Daniels said...

Sasha, the chicken is absolutely gluten free. If you would like to be a recipe tester for my upcoming cookbook, I'll be happy to include it. Just visit my blog and email me.