Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Belated Post

Wow. This week has been really hectic. We managed to do some great eating, though. I just didn't get many photos. I mean, why should I take a picture of a filet mignon? Wednesday night we had steak, since I'd picked up some filet mignon from Vons. I've been looking for great filet and had tried the ones at Costco, but wasn't satisfied. The Vons ones were great. I'll watch for more sales.

Thursday night I used some more pork sirloin and made No-Fuss Pork Chops. I used to buy the boneless pork chops from Costco, since they were the right size for DH and me, but I didn't like how they cooked in the oven. Since they're really lean, they dried out and were tough. I'd used pork sirloin for schwenkbraten, and tried this recipe with them. What a difference! And since they were on sale, I'd picked up 4 packages and put them away in pairs with the Foodsaver.



No-Fuss Pork Chops

2 boneless pork chops or pork sirloins, cut 3/4 to 1" thick
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/8 t onion powder
2 T soy sauce

Brown pork chops on both sides in an oven-ready skillet over medium-high heat. Combine remaining ingredients; spoon evenly over chops. Cover pan with foil. Place in oven, turn heat control to 350˚. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer, or until chops are tender. Serves 2

I had some fresh brussels sprouts in the fridge, so I just steamed them up, and then cooked some Rice-a-Roni (the wild rice flavor).


, ,,

No comments: