Monday, February 13, 2006

Let's Have Fun with a New Meme

Mrs D over at Belly-timber tagged me for a 4x8 meme, but I did one last month after being tagged by Kalyn. However, I’m going to do something fun, inspired by what Mrs D said:

Wait a sec. There are so many of them. Isn't it a little suspicious? I mean, does anyone know who starts these things? Is it one of us, innocently curious? Or could it be... Alberto Gonzales?

Ahah! Just wait. Next meme, it's gonna be last four books checked out of the library and last four protest marches attended, and then we'll know for sure. Sneaky bastard.


Okay. Here goes.

Last four books checked out of the library:
1. Skeleton Man by Tony Hillerman
2. Rage by Jonathan Kellerman
3. The Forgotten Man by Robert Crais
4. Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs
(Can you tell I like mysteries? Don’t see much here that Alberto Gonzalez can get me for!)

Last four protest marches attended
1. Last Tuesday night (actually, it was just a protest “tailgate party”)
2. Picketing against Arnold Schwarzennegar in Los Angeles
3. Picketing against Arnold Schwarzennegar in Riverside
4. Protest rally in San Bernardino

Hmm. What next? Let ‘s try:

Four businesses I boycott for my own political/personal reasons:
1. Wal-Mart
2. Carls’ Jr.
3. Mission Inn in Riverside
4. any corporation who donated to Bush

Four politicians I admire:
1. Dianne Feinstein
2. Barbara Boxer
3. Robert Kennedy, Jr.
4. Barak Obama

All right, all right. Enought of the politics. Let’s do some others:

Four places I plan to visit someday before I die
1. New Zealand (just looks like one of the most beautiful places in the world!)
2. Maine (it’s on the opposite corner of the country from me; it’s always too far away!)
3. Banff and Jasper National Parks in Canada (gotta see those gorgeous mountains!)
4. The length of the Alaska Highway (really--and in my own motor home or trailer)

Four common foods I just refuse to eat:
(I had to say “common” since there are a lot of exotic foods that could go on this list--these are foods that most other people eat, but my finicky taste buds just can’t handle)
1. Beets
2. Sushi
3. Oysters
4. Fresh Figs

Four artists I liked as a teenager whose music I still listen to:
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Dan Fogelberg
3. John Denver
4. The Beatles

One more, for an even eight:

Four people to tag my new meme with:
1. cookiecrumb
2. Paz
3. Joe
4. Shauna

5 comments:

MizD said...

Oh my god, I LOVE this! You rawk, Cyndi, especially for those Governator protests. Right on.

PS: so with you on New Zealand.

PPS: One of the pairs figure skating teams (from China!) did their short program to Zeppelin's Kashmir. It kicked butt.

cookiecrumb said...

This is good. I'm actually already put to shame, and I've only just been tagged! Well, I'll come up with something radical, you hippie!!
xxx
Mrs D: Wanna do a house-share on NZ? Cyndi's invited too.

Kalyn Denny said...

Can I come to NZ too? Very funny Cyndi. I love the part about the library books. My only question is, when do you have time to read anything besides blogs?

Cyndi said...

I didn't say I'd read them RECENTLY! I read a couple over winter vacation; the other two were back in the summer. That's when I get most of my reading done. You know there's no time during the regular school year to get any recreational reading done!

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
Medical malpractice and nurse practitioner Bmw clubs in fredericksburg Rates of car warranty companies Football hokies jersey tech virginia Fisher appliance office refrigerator Free hardcore adult games Serc interaction imitrex Lexapro verses paxil for weight gain life+assurance+bonduk Neurontin pharmaceutical http://www.leather-case-blackberry.info/instant-homeowners-ins.html Flower arrangements for wedding reception free scrabble trial download Spring house auto insurance classic water bed mattress invitations wedding Business card create printable