Sunday, May 06, 2007

Chile-Roasted Edamame


I had an almost-full bag of edamame in my freezer - the kind from Trader Joe's that's shelled and ready to eat. I'd used some a few months ago for a rice recipe, and decided to use up the rest of it since it had been a while since I bought it. In searching through recipezaar, I came across this recipe by someone named Mercy. I really like the results - especially cold. They're a good salty snack. Don doesn't like them. So I guess you have to try and decide for yourself.


Chile-Roasted Edamame

12 oz. frozen edamame, shelled
2 teaspoon olive oil
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon onion salt
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
⅛ teaspoon paprika
⅛ tablespoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 375˚. Stir together the oil and spices in a small bowl. Toss the beans in the oil-spice mixture until well coated. Arrange beans in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast, uncovered, 12-15 minutes, stirring once, until the beans begin to brown. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Notes:
This can be eaten hot or cold. Makes a great snack.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

I love edamame. And the thought of making them spicy? Sounds like heaven to me.

Harry & Eddie said...

Cindi, so good to see you blogging again. Hope the break did you good. Love the look of your new blog.

Ed Tep said...

Cyndi - These sound so interesting! I definitely want to try them. And best of luck with the new multi-focus for your blog. I look forward to reading about all your other interests.