Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sausage Breakfast Puffs

This has some my favorite flavors - Jimmy Dean sausage, eggs, cheese, onions, and mustard. I've made something this in a different form before - using an 8" round pan so it was like a casserole. I've been making a few things in my silicone muffin tins lately for two reasons: 1) each serving gets a tasty crunchy outside, and 2) I can make how ever many of them that fill up - rarely does every recipe I try come out to make exactly 12 of something. Now I have some leftovers, and I think they'll heat up just fine in the microwave at the office.

Sausage Breakfast Puffs

2 Tbsp. butter
1 sm. onion, chopped
6 slices bread
½ c. milk
2 eggs, unbeaten
8 ounces bulk pork breakfast sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon mustard
1.Melt butter in skillet. Add onions and saute until golden brown.

2. Crumble bread into mixing bowl. Add milk and let stand until bread is moist. Add eggs and mix well. Add onion and salt; add meat, cheese, and mustard; mix well.

3. Pile mixture lightly into greased muffin pans. Bake in hot oven, 425 F degrees until nicely browned, about 30 minutes. Makes 12-14 puffs.

No comments: