Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Downtown, Where All the Lights are Bright..."


Last year, due to some political issues, CTA moved its quarterly State Council meeting to downtown Los Angeles. This was my first time to go, as I'm an alternate now by choice. There's something about downtown that's magical to me. Maybe it's because I live in a cabin in the mountains. Maybe it's because I'm used to suburban and rural living. But when I stepped out of the Westin Bonaventure Friday night to walk to dinner, I thought this view was just beautiful. Most of the skyscrapers are to the left, out of the picture, but the sight of all the taillights on one-way Figueroa was pretty nice. I'm guessing that this is a combination of going-home traffic and people heading to the Garth Brooks concert at the Staples center, less than a mile down the street on the right.

No comments: