Friday, January 19, 2007

Soup for dinner a day late

Since I couldn't make soup last night for my own event, I decided to use some beautiful tomatoes and make it tonight. I really like Campbell's Tomato Soup, so I thought I'd make my own. I had a recipe in my notebook from many years ago which I'd never used but sounded good.

This was great - though you could really taste the wine. I think I'll try this again, but next time I'll use chicken stock and then deide which one I like the best.

Cream of Tomato Soup
2 cups peeled, coarsely diced tomato (about 2 large)
2 T butter
1 T Splenda
2 T flour
1 t salt
dash pepper
1/4 t baking soda
1 c half & half
1/2 c dry white wine or chicken stock

Sauté tomatoes in butter about 3 minutes. Put in blender and whir until smooth. Sprinkle in flour, salt, and pepper, blending again for a few seconds. Put mixture into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add baking soda and half and half; cook until slightly thickened. Stir in wine or chicken broth and heat to simmering. Serve immediately. Serves 2-3.

Carb Lite Update

Calories: 1824
Carbs: 137
Fat: 114 grams
Fiber: 12 grams
Protein: 83 grams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndi!!

You have a nice blog and nice posts.
My name is Ricardo and i'm from Portugal.

Visit my blog and leave there your reply on the guestbook.

http://ricardopires.blogspot.com/

Continue with your good blog.

Ricardo Pires