Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm Posting Elsewhere These Days

The past couple of months I've been caught up in cross stitching again - it used to be a favorite hobby about 20 years ago; I'm back at it with a passion! So, if you want to see what's going on, go to my stitching blog, Just One More Stitch.

Food bloggers - I have a question for you. How do you keep at it? I truly enjoyed blogging about what I was cooking and eating, but eventually, I ran out of "freshness." I mean, there are so many things that I cook that we like so much we repeat them. Night after night, I fix a great dinner, but since I'd already blogged about it months before, I had nothing to blog about. You don't want to see post after post saying, "We had ____ again. It was great, as usual." And I don't want to fabricate things, nor do I want to try new things just to have something to blog about. I mean, If I DO try something new, I'll definitely share it, but those new times are coming less often. So what do YOU do?

Thanks for being such great readers!

3 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I really like trying new things. Documenting them is the hard part but I really don't mind making new recipes all of the time. I have to remind myself that I don't have to make something new (as an entrée) every night of the week. It can be a side dish, a salad dressing, a baked good, etc.

Ed Tep said...

Cyndi - I totally know what you mean. I do find myself making some of the same dishes over and over. That's what enjoying food is all about, yes? Anyways, maybe it's just me, but I don't feel the need to pressure myself to blog about my food every night. Blogging is a hobby for me and the minute I feel "forced" to do it, it will lose it's enjoyment factor. Of course, that does mean that there's sometimes a 2 week gap between posts.

Kristin said...

Hi Cyndi,
I know what you mean, too. I've always tried to add a new recipe every week (even before I started blogging). But some weeks there is neither time or inspiration. Those weeks I post less.
I find that some blog events (like muffin monday) bring me inspiration too.

hope you find your groove soon : )
I've linked to your fried okra recipe, I hope you don't mind,

kazari