Sunday, June 03, 2007

This is Why I Skipped Lunch Today:

We were at the dealer - you know, the marathon car-buying session. Even though we were pre-approved it still took almost 4 hours. But it's done and it's mine! 2007 Jeep Liberty, 4WD, 6-cylinder engine, all ready for going up and down the mountain. My old Jeep, a 2002 Wrangler, was pretty much nickel-and-diming us to death with "check engine light" (8 times), broken air conditioner (3 times), shimmying and misalignment (3 times), and numerous other issues. On Friday it started making some expensive-sounding clunks when I made right-hand turns, so I decided it was time to get rid of it. I learned after the deal was made for the new one that the transmission was going out, too. I'm confident, though, that this new one won't have those problems. Isn't it pretty?

No comments: