Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sugar-Free Cookies

UPDATE: This is now the day after I made these cookies, and I'm going to be throwing them out. They've sat in a covered storage container overnight, and now you can't taste the chocolate-butterscotch flavor any more. All you can taste is the baking mix, with almost a burning sensation on my tongue that must be the baking powder.

Do not make these cookies.

***********************

I came across a recipe for sugar-free pudding cookies on recipezaar, and thought I'd give it a try. The original recipe said to try my choice of pudding flavors, and it called for Bisquick. I tried chocolate and butterscotch together, and used Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking Mix.

I'm not EVEN going to show a picture of these, because I failed to follow the directions. But DH and I have tasted them and believe they're definitely edible. If you decide to make these, remember the part about criss-crossing with a fork. I made the little balls, and then cooked them like that.

Chocolate-Butterscotch Cookies
Sugar Free

1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free butterscotch pudding mix
2 c Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking Mix
1/2 c canola oil
2 eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 350˚. Mix pudding and baking mix. Add oil and beaten eggs. Shape in balls with hands (mixture is crumbly) and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Criss cross with a fork. Bake 8 minutes. Makes 2 dozen.

No comments: