Not only was it cloudy all day, the clouds were at about 5,000 feet, meaning we were IN the clouds most of the day. The highest it got today was about 72. We had our friends Rob and Shannon over for lunch, and Shan got chilly and needed to borrow a sweatshirt. We had a little bit of thunder and a brief shower, but otherwise it was a fabulously cool day.
I was tagged for a Blog Me meme by Michele of Chef Michele’s Adventures. Like Michele, I like memes, so here goes:
1. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes?
I’m task-driven, passionate about teachers and teacher rights, the environment, cooking and eating, camping, and scrapbooking.
2. How do you use blogging to build friendships?
I visit as many blogs as I can, find recipes and posts I like, find nice things to say, and make return visits to see what’s new.
3. Who do you read every day, rain or shine?
I can’t get by without seeing what cookiecrumb has to say on I’m Mad and I Eat. I just love her combination of politics and food!
4. How would you describe your writing style?
Descriptive without being flowery; clear and concise. I hope.
5. If you could spend time with one person who would it be?
Edward Abbey. The greatest environmentalist who ever lived, IMHO.
6. What don't you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?
Well, I stick mostly to cooking and food, but branch out to a lot of personal things, so I guess I’d say a no-no is giving away too much personal information about my family.
7. What is your favorite thing that you wrote?
No particular favorite.
8. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
Yes. I even give out my last name.
9. Have you ever anonymously posted on a site to flame them?
No, I think that’s chicken%*@&!
10. If you had a super power, what would it be?
I’ve always wanted to be able to fly. I even had dreams about it as a child. I always demand window seats when I fly, because I love to look down on the beautiful scenery below.
11. Why did you choose to share that piece of yourself in a photograph?
It was the best digital pic I had at the time.
12. Where do you live?
A town of 1,100 people called Forest Falls, at 6,000 feet elevation in the mountains of southern California.
13. What do you do for a living?
I’m a teacher by profession, but out of the classroom since I’m the union president.
14. What are some things you can't live without?
My husband, wilderness, chocolate, great books.
food & drink